HOW TO MAKE VISION BOARD ?
Creating an Empowering Vision Board that Depicts the Future You Wish to Create
- Find pictures that represent or symbolize the experiences, feelings, and strong desires you want to attract into your life, and place them in your board. Have fun with the process!
- Use photographs, magazine cut-outs, pictures from the internet–whatever inspires you. Be creative. Include not just the pictures, but anything that speaks to you. Watch other students’ challenge videos in this website for reference.
- Consider including a picture of your family and yourself in your board. If you do, choose one that was taken during a happy moment. You will also want to post your affirmations, inspirational words, quotations, and thoughts here. Choose words and images that inspire you and make you feel good.
- You can use your vision board to depict multiple goals and dreams in all areas of your life such as studies, sports, photography as a hobby, travelling to your dream destination with family, your dresses, your health and fitness, your music classes, leadership in school and college, so on and so forth. You can also depict one specific area that you are focusing on.
- Keep it neat, and be selective about what you place in your vision board. Avoid creating a cluttered or chaotic board as it leads to confusion. Clarity of your goal is highly important.
- Use only the words and images that best represent your purpose, your ideal future, and words that inspire positive emotions in you. There is beauty in simplicity and clarity. Too many images and too much information will be distracting and harder to focus on.
Check-list and Simple 6-Step Process of creating your Vision Board
- Create a list of goals you’d like to achieve in the next year or 5 to 10 years. In order to visualize your goals, first you need to know what they are. Spend some time getting clarity on exactly what you want your ideal life to look like, and what you need to accomplish in the next 12 months to launch you closer to your goals.
Focus on “Being Clear Why You’re Here,” and “Deciding What You Want”. Write one after one, think it, imagine it, refine them, and make a precise Final list.
- Collect a bundle of old magazines with beautiful pictures and cut your favorite quotes and images. You can also pick from internet and Google.
- Find pictures that represent your goals and inspire you . Schedule a couple of hours one evening to go through the magazines and cut out such pictures that speak to your heart in some meaningful way.
When looking for images in the magazines, look for those that immediately make you say, “Yes! That is what I want in my life!” They don’t have to be physical objects or literal interpretations of what you want in your life. Instead, focus on how the images make you FEEL.
- Make a collage out of your photos. Once you have collected enough photos, it’s time to make your VISION BOARD! Go to your local stationary shop and buy a large piece of poster paper. A corkboard or large piece of paper would work as well. Then glue, tack, or tape your pictures to the poster paper or corkboard in an arrangement that is visually pleasing to you.
- Add motivational “affirmation words” that represent how you want to FEEL. Your vision of your ideal life shouldn’t be focused on “stuff” so much as on how you want to FEEL. For this reason, add words to vision board that describe how you want to feel on a daily basis – such as: “joyful,” “abundant,” “powerful,” “fearless,” “loved,” “strong,” “healthy,” “loving,” and “footloose.”
Take some time to create a list of words that describe how YOU want to feel. You can either search for these words in your magazines or write them yourself. Then add them to your vision board in a visually attractive way.
Now your Vision Board is ready to Manifest.
- Make sure your Vision Board is Specific, Realistic, Time-bound, Flexible. You should “Challenge” your close friends who support you and you too should support them. Let it be one friend or 20, see that they all are in the challenge and declare it to each other. It gives enormous amount of unity, excitement, and a sense of responsibility on the Vision Board Goals. Celebrate small VBC parties at home or school /College Canteen for small achievements of goals that are laid on the Vision Board.
You can do all this. All you need is a decision.